And I’m not talking about that horrible after shave that your aunt brought*.
A few key things to remember:
- Recycle what you can! That includes gifts next year. Just avoid giving them to the person who gave them to you.
- Don’t forget charity shops, both for buying and getting rid of unwanted presents (but make sure they are in suitable condition!).
- There are also various exchange websites worth trying.
- Batteries and “e-waste”, ie electronics, need to be handed in at tips/recycling points. Otherwise dangerous chemicals can leak in to the environment.
- If you get a new mobile don’t forget to check out whether you can get some money back by sending the old one for recycling.
So we hope you have a good Christmas which isn’t wasteful.
Now to start next years wishlist to avoid the unwanted gifts…
*Well, ok, I might be!